On 07/11/2015 10:53 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 7/11/2015 7:17 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> I’m afraid that newotf crashes with this sample:
>> [...]
> define crashes ... i donwloaded the font, ran mtxrun --generate and
> remade the font database and this works:
>
>      [GFS Didot Classic]

I have this font installed too and I’m afraid it gives the same error.

The fonts I meant are these ones:
http://www.greekfontsociety.gr/GFS_DIDOT_OT.zip. (GFS Didot Classic is a
slightly different font.)

With crashing I meant no PDF generation because a not found font. The
font is there (log attached):

$ fc-list GFSDidot
/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidotBoldItalic.otf: GFS Didot:style=Bold Italic
/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidotBold.otf: GFS Didot,GFS Didot Rg:style=Bold
/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidotItalic.otf: GFS Didot:style=Italic
/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidot.otf: GFS Didot:style=Regular

And if I don’t load the newotf module, the font is loaded fine:

used file       >    7: filename=/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidot.otf
format=otf foundname=/usr/share/fonts/ousia/GFSDidot.otf usedmethod=direct

This is weird, since if I load a non-existent font (such as
Impossibila), compilation generates a PDF file. No glyph replacement, of
course,

Sorry, but not even adding either of this options works with newotf:

    tf=file:GFSDidot.otf

    tf=style:regular

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk
system          > callbacks > not registering frozen 'find_format_file'

open source     > 1 > 1 > /home/ousia/ctxbeta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-yes.mkiv

ConTeXt  ver: 2015.07.10 00:05 MKIV beta  fmt: 2015.7.11  int: english/english

system          > 'cont-new.mkiv' loaded
open source     > 2 > 2 > /home/ousia/ctxbeta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv
resolvers       > modules > 'newotf' is loaded
open source     > 3 > 3 > m-newotf.mkiv
fonts           >
fonts           > replacing font loader code by experimental code
fonts           >
close source    > 3 > 3 > m-newotf.mkiv
close source    > 2 > 3 > /home/ousia/ctxbeta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv
system          > files > jobname 'a', input './a', result 'a'
fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       > language 'en' is active
open source     > 2 > 4 > /home/ousia/a.tex
fonts           > preloading modern-designsize (math)
fonts           > typescripts > unknown library 'modern-designsize'
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize mm 12pt' is loaded
fonts           > preloading modern-designsize (mono)
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize tt 12pt' is loaded
fonts           > defining > source file 'GFSDidot.otf' is not found
backend         > xmp > using file '/home/ousia/ctxbeta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/lpdf-pdx.xml'
pages           > flushing realpage 1, userpage 1
close source    > 2 > 4 > /home/ousia/a.tex
close source    > 1 > 4 > /home/ousia/ctxbeta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-yes.mkiv

!LuaTeX error: cannot find OpenType font file for reading ()
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!