On 2/18/2016 1:38 AM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 00:40:39 +0100
Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es> wrote:

Excuse me, Alan, this is exclamation in Spanish (and only in Spanish).

Bigre ! Of course, I know that.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think he should have chosen that?

I was attempting to make some fun with this thread.

i have always been puzzled by the fact that when the pc showed up the keyboard was not enhanced .. for some reason we kept this numeric addendum (i remember the dec terminals that has this removable rubber cover for the special editor keys) and didn't make that a set of keys handy for editing (ok, try doing tex on a czech or german keyboard where the backslash is kind of hidden ... or those keyboards with no $ key, that must be hard on mathematicians)

this brings up the question: would users (here) start using real math unicode input if we had a monospace math font?

More seriously, \( expression \) was already an attempt to come up with
something "better". I am risking to state that $expression$ and
\math{expression} are two good solutions for ConTeXt and that
\m{expression} is, at best, just useless. Furthermore, any suggestion to

you don't need to use it ...

depreciate $expression$ is, in my opinion (and apparently in the
opinion of others), ludicrous.

nobody says that it will disappear (but novel writers can of course make $ into your favourite currency symbol)

P.S. I am a present writing a chapter on mathematics for a small
introduction on typesetting with ConTeXt, so this discussion is
highly relevant.

good