On 2016-03-02 11:06:34 +0000, Nicola said:

On 2016-03-01 15:35:07 +0000, Aditya Mahajan said:

On Tue, 1 Mar 2016, Nicola wrote:

I'm using the latest beta, and I need syntax coloring for SQL
(PostgreSQL variant). According to the wiki, there is no SQL
syntax coloring available for MKIV yet, but I'd be happy to
be wrong :)

You can use the vim module:

https://github.com/adityam/filter/blob/master/vim-README.md

I have a relatively minor problem with linked highlight groups.
As far as I can see, the module resolves linked groups so that,
for example, if String links to Constant, then the generated code
for 'a string' will be something like \SYN[Constant]{'a string'},
rather than \SYN[String]{'a string'}. In my specific case, strings
use the sqlString group, which links by default to String, which in
turn links to Constant.

Is there a way to decouple linked highlight groups, so that, for
example, I may distinguish Constant from String? I have already
tried to put commands like

hi! clear sqlString
hi! link String NONE
etc...

in the vimrc block, to no avail.

Ok, I have found it:

hi! link sqlString NONE

With that, I get \SYN[sqlString]{'a string'}, as expected.

Nicola