On Wed, 2 Mar 2016, Nicola wrote:

On 2016-03-02 19:34:00 +0000, Aditya Mahajan said:

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016, Nicola wrote:

On 2016-03-01 15:35:07 +0000, Aditya Mahajan said:

On Tue, 1 Mar 2016, Nicola wrote:

I'm using the latest beta, and I need syntax coloring for SQL
(PostgreSQL variant). According to the wiki, there is no SQL
syntax coloring available for MKIV yet, but I'd be happy to
be wrong :)

You can use the vim module:

https://github.com/adityam/filter/blob/master/vim-README.md

I've set up your module and it works perfectly. It saved me a
lot of time! But I need help for one more thing:
\inlineMYLANG{X} adds a new line before and after X, as in
\startMYLANG X \stopMYLANG. How do I prevent that? Well, why
is that the case to begin with?

It shouldn't. Can you send me a minimal example.

I have figured out myself: I have defined

\definevimtyping[pgsql][..., before={\blank},after={\blank}, ...]

which, I have realized, applies to inline text, too. How do I set up
the environment so that there is some blank space before and after
without affecting inline code?

You can change the space before and after display environments using spacebefore and spaceafter keys (see the documentation of filter module[1], which is used by the vim module)

There are two modes: location=paragraph and location=text. In location=paragraph you get

\blank[<spacebefore>]
<before>
<filtered content>
<after>
\blank[<spaceafter>]

In location=text (which is used by \inline...) you get

The behaviour that you see is because, by default, I have set

   \c!left=\externalfilterparameter\c!before,
   \c!right=\externalfilterparameter\c!after,

Looking at git-blame, I see that this was always the case, ever since the left and right keys were added (I guess to keep backward compatibility at that time). Looking back, I think that this is not a good default and I will change it.

In the meanwhile, simply use

\definevimtyping[...][left=, right=,]

Aditya

[1]: https://github.com/adityam/filter