On 7/12/2016 1:53 PM, Henri Menke wrote:
Dear list,

I wanted to draw some nice pictures using TikZ and pgfplots, but then I
noticed that the colors of the ticks in my pgfplots graph were unusually
bright and it looked very weird.   So I set up a test

\usemodule[tikz]
\starttext
\starttikzpicture
  \draw[help lines,very thick] (0,0) -- (1,0);
\stoptikzpicture

\externalfigure[test-crop]
\stoptext

where I produced test-crop.pdf from the following plain TeX sample,
which I also typeset with LuaTeX 0.95 (to make sure it's not a LuaTeX
regression).

\input luatex85.sty
\input tikz
\tikzpicture
  \draw[help lines,very thick] (0,0) -- (1,0);
\endtikzpicture
\bye

Attached you find the output of the ConTeXt example and you can see that
the color of the upper line (the one produced with TikZ inside ConTeXt)
has a much brighter color than the one produced with plain TeX.

I'm using ConTeXt MkIV distributed with TL 2016.

How can I adjust the colors in ConTeXt to match the ones produced by
plain TeX?  I need the adjustment in that direction, because I also have
old images produced with plain TeX/LaTeX that I'd like to seamlessly
integrate in my ConTeXt documents.

you need to figure out the default definitions in tikz then (i suppose 'help lines' is related to some color)