Hi Jan,

unfortunately, these commands are in no book.  I just looked them up in the
ConTeXt source.  However, these two books helped me a lot in improving my
understanding of TeX and ConTeXt.  They are definitely worth their money!

The TeXbook by Donald E. Knuth https://amzn.com/0201134489
Programming in Lua by Roberto Ierusalimschy https://amzn.com/859037985X

Kind regards,
Henri