On 2016-10-11 06:39:16 +0000, Jan Willem Flamma said:

Hi Nicola,

I’m relatively new to Vim and currently run it as installed (MacVIm 8.0 latest).

Where do I have to place these files in order to use them? (~/.vim folder or do I have to copy the individual files into the respective Vim application subfolders?)

The files must be copied into ~/.vim. The structure should be:

~/.vim/
 autoload/
   context.vim
 compiler/
   context.vim
 ftplugin/
   context.vim
 indent/
   context.vim
 syntax/
   context.vim

By doing so, Vim will pick up your files instead of its own.

After placing the files, is there anything else that needs to be done to ensure Vim picks up these files?

No, everything just works(tm) :) See :help ftplugin-overrule for the details.

Nicola