On 16 February 2017 at 21:07, William Adams wrote:
> Another option here would be to use a tool which directly accepts SVGs ---
> one free/opensource tool for that is PartKAM/MakerCAM.
>
> My apologies for the late response --- investigating this sort of thing
> myself, though I'll likely be using a proprietary tool, Carbide Create to
> drive either a Nomad or a Shapeoko.

Now that you brought this topic out of the dead ...

I managed to convert the SVG to DXF somehow back then (I'm not 100%
sure how exactly, perhaps I was using Inkscape), but it turned out
that the conversion was faulty and useless (it converted circles into
octagons, proper scaling was lost, etc.), but I only realized that
once I got to the machine with a limited time slot.

The software that was installed next to the CNC did not accept PDFs,
but eventually the "operator" pulled out his laptop with a newer
version of (commercial) software and eventually imported my PDFs to
get the models for the CNC (annoyed for the fact that I didn't bring
"ready-to-use" files). He earlier explained that we should avoid PDFs
(as they could be bitmap etc.), but of course the vector PDFs
generated by ConTeXt were fine.

(It will probably be a while until I will go there next.)

Mojca