On 27 July 2017 at 10:49, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 7/27/2017 3:52 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just wanted to say that I found a more reliable way to go from
>> metapost to dxf.
>>
>> First run "context something.mp" and then
>>
>> pstoedit -dt -f dxf:-polyaslines\ -mm something.1 something.dxf
>>
>> For some reason the SVG files from metapost get wrong dimensions when
>> converted via inkscape, but pstoedit works super reliably.
>

> in that case you can consider:
>
> mp -> pdf -> mudraw/mutool -> svg

The thing is: I don't need svg at all. All I need is dxf and now I
finally have a reliable way to get it from metapost via pstoedit. SVG
was just a workaround since converting from PDF was slightly more
difficult (latest versions of expensive tools provide that conversion
too, but OpenSource is more limited).

I could check if there's any difference in SVG code as generated by
metapost vs. the one generated by mudraw. But SVG images made by
CorelDraw were misconverted by Inkscape as well.

Mojca