Hi all,

I need some fundamental advice from experienced users: I'm processing
xml and collecting the data in lua tables, which I want to typeset in
some sort of table or tabular format. Typesetting requirements are
fairly low, just a couple of columns that need to be nicely aligned,
with the occasional horizontal overflow that should be handled
gracefully (i.e. longer lines should be broken), and of course, the
table has to break across pages. However, the lua tables have several
thousands of entries, and I expect the final document to have around
3,000 pages. When I tried Natural Tables, I got a "TeX capacity
exceeded" error, which disappeared when I tried with a smaller part of
my document. So my question is: what is the most "inexpensive" way of
typesetting this sort of material? One of the table environments? Which
one (would xtables be better?)? Or low-level vboxes within hboxes etc.?
Or just \framed within \framed? What would you suggest for this sort of
material?

\starttext

\setuplinetable[n=2,lines=25]
\setuplinetable[c][1][width=6cm] % ,background=color,backgroundcolor=red,color=white] \setuplinetable[c][1][width=6cm] % ,background=color,backgroundcolor=red,color=white]
\setuplinetable[1][all][background=color,backgroundcolor=white]

\dontcomplain

\startlinetable
    \dorecurse{100}{
        \dorecurse{100}{
            \NC aaa \NC test test test  test \NC \NR
        }
    }
\stoplinetable

\page

% \startluacode
%     local context = context
%     local NC = context.NC
%     local NR = context.NR

%     context.startlinetable()
%     for i=1,100 do
%         for i=1,100 do
%             NC()
%             context("aaa")
%             NC()
%             context("test test test test")
%             NC()
%             NR()
%         end

%     context.stoplinetable()