On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Mikael P. Sundqvist <mic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Den 18 maj 2017 10:13 fm skrev "Otared Kavian" <ota...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks for your explanations.
> When using constructions such as $f’’_2(x)$, I will adapt my input  in order
> to get what seems correct.
>
> Best regards: OK
>
>> On 17 May 2017, at 17:17, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:
>>
>> On 5/17/2017 8:35 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
>>> Hi Hans,
>>>
>>> Thanks for having fixed the behavior of the prime in the latest beta
>>> release (ConTeXt  version 2017.05.15 21:48).
>>> However, as you may see in the two attached PDF files, the result is
>>> still incorrect when one types for example $f_2’’(x)$, which should give the
>>> same result as $f’’_2(x)$.
>>> The correct behaviour is that obtained with mkii. Indeed one can
>>> circumvent the behaviour of the latest beta release of mkiv by using tricks
>>> such as the ones in the example code below, but this should be avoided in my
>>> opinion.
>>
>> well, it depends on how one sees this '' mess
>>
>> the problem with primes is that in macro packages they are messy entities
>> that should collapse or not (active char mess) and the more clever a macro
>> packages becomes the harder it becomes to makes it robust and/or to fight
>> against such heuristics
>>
>> add to that the fact that the symbol itself is a funny positioned
>> something already raised in a font or not i.e. sometimes in need of
>> superscript and sometimes explicitly not
>>
>> for unicode we need to turn two '' into a double and ''' into a and triple
>> such
>>
>> that said, in context these thingies are at some point intercepted and
>> their current state is looked at: superscript? multipel in a row? one ebing
>> the nucleus of another ... etc .. the current (working again) behavior is
>> what we support and i don't look forward to more heuristics
>>

>>> The following PDF have been obtained with mkii and mkiv with the
>>> following example code.
>>> Best regards: OK
>>>
>>> %%% begin derivatives-prime.tex
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \startformula
>>> f''_{2}(x) = f_{2}''(x) = f^{''}_{2}(x) = f_{2}^{''}(x) % =
>>> f^{{}^{''}}_{2}(x)
>>> \stopformula
>>> As one may see the result of \type{f_{2}''(x) = } $f_{2}''(x)$ is not
>>> correct in \type{mkiv}.
>>>
>>> The following positions of the superscripts \type{(3)} are correct both
>>> in \type{mkii} and in \type{mkiv}.
>>> \startformula
>>> f^{(3)}_{2}(x) = f_{2}^{(3)}(x)
>>> \stopformula
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>> %%% end derivatives-prime.tex

>>> ___________________________________________________________________________________
>>>

>> --

>>                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>>              Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>>       tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl | www.pragma-pod.nl

> [...]

I'm sorry, but there seem to still be problems with primes.

Look at the height of the primes in this document (ctx-listexample30.pdf).

%%%%
%\definefallbackfamily [lucidaopentype][mm][Xits
Math][range={2660,2661,2662,2663,2664,2665,2666,2667}]
\definefontfamily[lucidaopentype][rm][Lucida Bright OT]
\definefontfamily[lucidaopentype][ss][Lucida Sans OT]
\definefontfamily[lucidaopentype][tt][Lucida Sans Typewriter OT]
\definefontfamily[lucidaopentype][mm][Lucida Bright Math OT]

\setupbodyfont[lucidaopentype,10pt]

\starttext
Look at $f'$ and $f''$
\stoptext
%%%%

If I uncomment the \definefallbackfamily, the result is the one given
in ctx-listexample30-var.pdf, look at the prime. It is still not
correct (and the double prime is wrong as in the first example).

/Mikael