On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 15:15:59 -0600, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:34:25 -0600, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

On 8/2/2017 10:21 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
> Dear gang,
>  There appears to be something awry with type-imp-cambria.mkiv or
>  type-imp-dejavu.mkiv. Consider the following:
>  =======
> \setupbodyfont
>    [cambria,12pt]
> \starttext
> Test % {\it Test} {\bf Test} {\bi Test}
> \stoptext
> =======
>  This produces a pdf with Cambria Italic instead of Cambria Regular.
>  Uncommenting the other three options produces the expected results.
>  Is this a bug or am I missing something? Awaiting your advice!
it's ok here; it could depend on the cambria on your machine

Cambria Regular : cambria.ttc
Cambria Italic  : cambriai.ttf

Inspection shows cambria.ttc is indeed regular.

The log file says
:
mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 2 files: cambria.ttc, cambriai.ttf

Updating to "current version: 2017.08.02 18:59" and purging the cache doesn't
help

Not sure if it helps, but this is worth a try (note the force key):

mtxrun --script fonts --reload --force

Hmm, now I get

mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 1 files: cambria.ttc

and the pdf file is correct. Thanks, Aditya! (Although I still don't understand why there was a problem to begin with!)

Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid, Professor
Department of Philosophy