On 23.09.2017 12:40, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
Ahoi,
I’m trying to employ the synonyms mechanism for abbreviations, as documented:

\setupsynonyms
   [style=italic,
   headstyle=bold,
   titlestyle=normal,
   synonymstyle=normal]

\abbreviation{Abt.}{Abteilung}
\abbreviation{ADN}{Allgemeiner Deutscher Nachrichtendienst}
\abbreviation{AFL}{American Federation of Labor}
\abbreviation{ANC}{African National Congress}
\abbreviation{AV}{Auslandsvertretung}
\abbreviation{BArch}{Bundesarchiv}

\starttext
\placelistofabbreviations[criterium=all]

\infull{AV}
\infull{AFL}

\stoptext

The result of \infull is always in small caps, and I don’t like that. I
couldn’t find its definition in the source* nor a setup command.

It's defined in strc-syn.mkiv, lines 655-8. If you add

\setupsynonyms [abbreviation] [textstyle=normal]

to your file, you'll get the result as normal text.

All best

Thomas