Sorry to insist, but this bug is blocking the publication of our latest book:

\def\Some#1{#1}
\def\Sindex#1{\index{\Some{#1}}#1}

\starttext

\index{Tufte}\index{Knuth}\index{Zapf}
\index{Sole}\index{Some}\index{Sone}

\input tufte \Sindex{Tufte}

\input knuth \Sindex{Knuth}

\input zapf \Sindex{Zapf}

\placeindex

\stoptext

The generated index sorts everything that is indexed via \Sindex{} after "Some".

In the book, I’m using ConTeXt’s abbreviations (synonyms) mechanism and resolve
them with \infull, so that all the organizations are sorted after "infull".

I don’t understand what’s going on in strc-reg.mkiv or strc-reg.lua, but I
guess the problem might be in local function filtercollected - or does some
interpolation take place within \index (\register[something]) itself?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net