On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 12:40 PM, N. Raghavendra <nyraghu27...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a mathematician, and have been using LaTeX on a daily basis since
> 1992, when I was a graduate student.  I have recently started using
> ConTeXt, and am very happy with the facilities it provides, and with its
> self-contained system which does not require one to load external
> packages with subtle interactions.
>
> One problem that I am facing is that the documentation of ConTeXt is
> often not enough for me to figure out what to do when a problem arises.
> I understand that documentation is perhaps not a priority for the
> project.  As Hans Hagen wrote in `? Context',
>
>   "... writing can get a lower priority in a time when quick and dirty
>    answers can be found on the internet, mailing list or wiki.  ... For
>    what it's worth: whenever I have to solve a problem with a program
>    (or language implementation) I run into cases where I have to look
>    long to find (non conflicting) information. It just comes with the
>    problems one wants to solve and TeX (ConTeXt) is not different."
>
> However, there is not a great deal of information on the Internet about
> solving ConTeXt problems.  Whenever I ran into a LaTeX problem in the
> last several years, I used to find a solution, or a substantial step
> towards one, that was already documented on the TeX-LaTeX Stack
> Exchange.  Unfortunately, it does not contain a similar amount of
> information about ConTeXt.  In any case, I have started posting ConTeXt
> questions there, see https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/397463/146025 and
> https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/397607/146025

These are the resources that I have found very useful:

0)interface files
tex/texmf-context/tex/context/interface/mkiv

1) test suite cont-tst.7z
http://www.pragma-ade.nl/download-1.htm

2) sources  of the pdf of the standalone,
tex/texmf-context/doc/context/sources/general

3) sources of modules
tex/texmf-context/tex/context/modules

4) source code of mkiv
tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv

5) the archives of emails
https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/

The ml is ok of course, but at some point you will develop your own
style of doing things,
and probably you will encapsulate it into a module.

--
luigi