On 11/12/2017 09:33 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2017-11-11 um 19:46 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>> \definehighlight[read][color=red, style=\sc]
>> [...]
>> I guess you have to use this instead of \color[]{}.
>
> Yes, I guess too. I remembered highlight suits color after sending,
> but that means I need to define a new highlight for every color - as
> semantic as that may be, it’s a PITA.

I wonder whether Hans would accept a patch with these definitions to be
applied in the ConTeXt source.

> [...]
> At the state where it exports XML, ConTeXt already knows about page
> breaks, doesn’t it?

You are right. I have almost no experience generating ePubs with ConTeXt
(trying your sample was one of my first attempts to generate an ePub
document with ConTeXt [I use pandoc for that]).

>> [...]
>> Try the approach proposed above. I think it should work.
>
> No, that was my question in the thread "insert tags in export xml".

Sorry, I overlooked that message.

> \definehighlight only supports style and color, but not command.

I wonder whether this is the right approach.

I mean, you could only (ab)use the style option:

  \setupbackend[export=yes]

  \definehighlight[read][style=\word\sc]
  \starttext
  \starthighlight[read] ROT ROT ROT\stophighlight
  \stoptext

Other approach would be to use your own CSS file:

  .read { text-transform: lowercase; font-variant: small-caps; }

In any case, you need to add the small caps to the class definition in
the CSS file. ConTeXt doesn’t seem to export \sc to anything in the CSS
file.

> I tried to understand its definition and found \dostarttagged, but I
> guess I used it the wrong way, since it breaks the tabulation.

I guess custom CSS is an easier approach.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk