On 11/16/2017 07:18 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
> Yes, but the point of this scenario is to do everything with \definefont.
> pagella is just for purposes of a MWE: otherwise the scenario calls for
> using a font that has no associated typescript.
>
> Put another way: We want to set up full control over font-style of each
> element of a footnote using only \definefont. If that's impossible, it
> would be good to know that as well as why.

I must confess that this is far beyond my knowledge. I never used
\definefont.

If you don’t mind using \definefontfamily, this works fine:

  \definefontfamily[lareba][rm][Larabiefont]

  \setupnote[footnote][textstyle={\setupbodyfont[lareba, 12pt]\high}

No previous typescript is required (Larabiefont doesn’t have one).

But for explanations, I’m afraid I’m only an average user :-(.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk