On 4/8/2018 8:10 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
On 04/08/2018 04:41 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 4/8/2018 12:11 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
[...]
I want a full circle in two halves with the same duplicated sentence.
The first one written clockwise and the second one written
counterclockwise (as in the commented path above).

I hope it is clearer now.

      path p ; p := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm ;
      path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;

      path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;

      \followtokens{~this way~}
      \followtokens{\reversedtext{~this way~}}

Many thanks for the reply, Hans.

I don’t know what I’m missing here, but I cannot get your code working.
Here you have the full sample:

   \useMPlibrary[txt]

   \starttext
   \startuseMPgraphic{followtokens}
      path p ; p := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm ;
      path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;

      path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;
   \stopuseMPgraphic

   \followtokens{~this way~}
   \followtokens{\reversedtext{~this way~}}
   \stoptext

\reversedtext is undefined (I’m using beta from 2018.04.04 00:51).

of course it it ... it's basically the lua snippet i sent a few mails ago

But even commenting that second command, \followtokens seems to require
that path is named RotPath to be used the text. I get the standard line.

sure, that's how it works (at least with that module ... that trickery dates from mkii)

What am I doing wrong here?

probably using a mechanism in away that is a bit ovet the top

(so you can wait till the embedded variant shows up)

we will have this in metafun:

      followtext("this way",p) ;

so that one can do it all in mp ... a nice gimmick for the ctx meeting

This will be incredibly handy.

i wonder, not many users run into this feature (kind of coincidence that we have two reports this month) .. it's mostly that i was curious if it could be integrated that i looked into it

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo