On 4/13/2018 1:14 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On 11 April 2018 at 22:37, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 4/11/2018 10:08 PM, Brian Hunt wrote:

3. Add texlua (and texluac?) to
    a. the setup rsync bin/ directories
    b. the tex/texmf-linuxmusl(|-ppc|-64)

we don't use texluac, don't need texlua on windows and on linux texlua is
just a symlink

This was entirely my fault which has been fixed in the meantime.

if musl needs different bin then there should be a different initial
download i think because basically we're now talking of: windows, osx,
linux, linuxmusl (a different species)

Exactly. We have that. And most bits and pieces are in place to allow
that, except for the problem with mtxrun not being able to determine
the platform correctly.

4. Update mtxrun

Here's code that ought to work for detecting musl in mtxrun.  Around line
3721 of the mtxrun add:

      if find(architecture,"x86_64",1,true) then
        platform="linux-64"
      elseif find(architecture,"ppc",1,true) then
        platform="linux-ppc"
      else
        platform="linux"
      end
+   if resultof("ldd --version 2>&1"):find("musl") ~= nil then
+     platform = platform:gsub("linux", "linuxmusl")
+   end
how about this one

    function resolvers.platform(t,k)
local architecture = os.getenv("HOSTTYPE") or resultof("uname -m") or ""
        local platform     = os.getenv("MTX_PLATFORM")
        local musl         = find(os.selfdir or "","linuxmusl")
        if platform ~= "" then
            -- we're done
        elseif find(architecture,"x86_64",1,true) then
            platform = musl and "linuxmusl" or "linux-64"
        elseif find(architecture,"ppc",1,true) then
            platform = "linux-ppc"
        else
            platform = musl and "linuxmusl" or "linux"
        end
        os.setenv("MTX_PLATFORM",platform)
        os.platform = platform
        return platform
    end

assuming that the user or setuptex sets the path right this will cover runtime

that still leaves an issue for the initial mtx-update but that one can set MTX_PLATFORM=linuxmusl