Dear ConTeXt users and developers,

I want to submit a new ConTeXt logo to you (link to GitLab project):

https://gitlab.com/schickele/new-context-logo

I made this logo in February 2018. At the time, I was planning to do some video
tutorials on ConTeXt (still work in progress), and I wanted a nice looking
visual clue for the thumbnails. Recently, I made a few minor tweaks and thought
it would be the right time to put it out there.

The logo comes in two different layouts (hexagonal and horizontal), and each
layout comes in two color variations (multicolored and blue).

The hexagonal layout is borrowed from the unofficial ConTeXt logo that has been
around for some time. I like the idea of a clean geometrical form, and the
hexagon reminds me of chemistry formulas -- one of the many application fields
of ConTeXt.

The seven colors have mainly an esthetic purpose. They also denote the
flexibility of ConTeXt. I've added a monochromatic blue version because shiny,
saturated colors are not suitable for every case, and blue is strongly
associated with ConTeXt to me. Blue is also a reminder of Mark IV and LuaTeX.

The letters are set in Din17 EF, which I've licensed. I like its simple shapes
combined with a round and soft touch. It avoids consciously the very connoted
Computer Modern and can be seen as a modernized and also Europeanized
interpretation of the TeX tradition.

This logo is just a humble proposal. Perhaps it is of some use to someone. It
could also make someone else want to create and share his or her logo -- that
would be great.

I'm using ConTeXt since 2006/07 for almost everything that contains text:
letters, presentations, invitations, résumés, certificates, manuals, reports,
flyers, university papers, book typesetting, exercise sheets, song sheets, and
I'm still amazed by how powerful, flexible and reliable it is. Thanks to the
whole community -- and particularly to the Dutch wizard -- for making this
possible!

Greetings from Leimen, Germany

Paul Schalck