Hi,

> On 2 Apr 2019, at 11:05, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> - It is hard to be conclusive about performance but for instance the luatex
> manual processes a bit faster with lmtx as does the test suite. A gain in
> performance on very demanding documents is also observed by Alan and Thomas.
> Normally one can expect a similar performance. However, the memory footprint
> could be a bit smaller.

For sure the ConTeXt now loads and initialises a lot faster. With that trivial
issue.tex test
file by Arthur I get these timings (after a few ‘warmup’ runs).

MkIV (This is LuaTeX, Version 1.09.3 (TeX Live 2019/dev)):

mkiv lua stats  > stored bytecode data: 444 modules (0.445 sec), 93 tables
(0.021 sec), 537 chunks (0.466 sec)
mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 0.888 seconds, 1 processed pages, 1 shipped pages,
1.126 pages/second
system          | total runtime: 1.391 seconds
real    0m1.646s
user    0m1.476s
sys     0m0.115s

LMTX:

mkiv lua stats  > stored bytecode data: 456 modules (0.243 sec), 93 tables
(0.016 sec), 549 chunks (0.259 sec)
mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 0.559 seconds, 1 processed pages, 1 shipped pages,
1.789 pages/second
system          | total runtime: 0.655 seconds of 0.725 seconds
real    0m0.731s
user    0m0.601s
sys     0m0.084s

Impressive!