On 12/2/2019 4:18 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
Dear list,

I have the following sample:

     \def\ThisOption{ab}
     \def\ThatOption{ábc}
     \starttext
     \executesystemcommand{contextjit --purgeall
--arguments="OptionThis={\ThisOption},OptionThat={\ThatOption}" second.tex}

     \contextversion
     \stoptext

The contents of second.tex read:

     \starttext
     \enablemode[\env{OptionThis}]
     \enablemode[\env{OptionThat}]
     This: \doifmodeelse{ab}{enabled}{disabled}.\par
     That: \doifmodeelse{ábc}{enabled}{disabled}.
     \stoptext

I use --arguments to pass modes to documents compiled via
\executesystemcommand.

Everything worked fine. This morning I updated ConTeXt at work (with
Win7) and modes with non-ASCII chars aren’t recognized.

Could anyone confirm the issue I’m describing in Windows?

Is there any ConTeXt command (or Lua function) that translates non-ASCII
chars to their ASCII values?
define ASCII .. there are no accented characters in ASCII

windows uses code pages so it all depends on what trickles down to the command processor; here you pass utf that then gets interpreted depending on your environment

as you use luajittex it depends on what the windows binary does (i remember reading that something was changed in the native windows binaries because it was needed/decided at the latex end) ... one reason more to never use non-ascii for critital stuff (lots of chicken egg issues there, kind of guaranteed fix this, break that)

anyway, in luametatex with lmtx we're (hopefully) code page neutral (as far as i could test; all utf8 and windows utf16) and we're not going to touch the default luatex internals like that

Hans

(windows 7 is kind of outdated so you can't expect someone to check that setup out)