Dear Dalyoung,

I looked again at what is happening when installing LuaMetaTeX under MacOS
10.15.

In fact, even after completely disabling Gatekeeper and SIP (System Integrity
Protection), when running

        sh install.sh

if the three files sitting in ~/context-os-64/bin/
        mtx-install.lua
        mtxrun
        mtxrun.lua
are write protected then the installation cannot proceed. And if they are not,
they are overwriiten with something with the same names but which are binaries.
And if this is the case then the installation does not proceed for some other
reasons.
I don't understand why this is the case…

If you can go back to MacOS 10.14 that would be nice, but otherwise as Floris
suggests in his response, maybe we have to abandon MacOS in the near future…

Best regards: OK