On 12/9/2019 10:13 PM, Nicola wrote:
What is the current status of epub support in ConTeXt?

I have never followed ConTeXt's development on the XML front too
closely, but recently I have been asked to help format a text-only
manuscript for publishing on platforms such as Kindle or Apple Books
Store. Can ConTeXt be used (or perhaps even recommended) for that? Or
would I have better luck with the proprietary tools (Kindle Create,
iBooks Author)?
context has an xml export (a few variants) and one can start from that ... in the end it all boils down to some css (depends on the book i guess) and tagged content (one can use the divs and spans output or transform the xml to whatever wanted) ... for more complex setups i think there are no generic solutions (unless all books should look alike) ... of course for 'proze, itemize, simple table, simple sectioning' not much is needed

(i gave away my ebook device so i can't check what's the fashion right now but as color e-ink seems to be on it's way ...)