Am 10.12.19 um 20:38 schrieb Nicola:
> As for ConTeXt, I have tried the latest beta with:
>
>     context mybook.tex
>     mtxrun --script epub --make mybook
>
> This, among the rest, creates an .epub file, which unfortunately the
> above mentioned tools do not like (maybe, that output is still
> experimental?).

From time to time I publish an ebook either created with Pandoc or with
the pythonic Sphinx documentation tool. In most cases Pandoc epubs
validate fine. Sphinx only lately produces epub that validates without
errors. But I had issues with Apple when I tried to publish a valid epub
on their platform.

You can validate epubs with epubcheck:
https://github.com/w3c/epubcheck

I don't know if ConTeXt produces epub2 or epub3.
http://idpf.org/epub/30/

HTH
juh

--
Das ZEN von Pandoc
Bücher und E-Books einfach und professionell produzieren