On 4/30/2020 3:15 PM, mf wrote:
Il 30/04/20 14:09, Romain Diss ha scritto:
Hi,

The last release candidat of Inkscape (1.0~rc1-4 on my Debian sid)
doesn't provide the `--export-pdf=` option anymore. So context can not
convert svg files into the corresponding `m_k_i_v_*` pdf.

It seems that the `--export-filename=` option does the job.

Thank in advance.

The command line syntax has changed in version 1. See this:

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/1.0#Command_Line

So it's --export-filename in Inkscape 1.00, and --export-pdf in previous versions.

I tried to specify both options with Inkscape 0.92 hoping the wrong one would be ignored, without success; you get only a warning, not an error, but the conversion fails anyway.

To make ConTeXt work with both versions, it should run "inkscape --version" before doing the actual conversion, to decide the right option.

If the conversion you need is done by

tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/ruby/graphics/inkscape.rb

you should edit that file and replace "--export-pdf" with "--export-filename".

There are two other files where that option is used:

tex/texmf-context/tex/generic/context/luatex/luatex-fonts-merged.lua
tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/font-ocl.lua

it's font-related code; if you need it, do the same replacement of "--export-pdf" in those two files and then remake the format with

context --make

and the export to pdf will work with Inkscape 1.00.
But it won't work with Inkscape 0.92.
As I don't wan to waste code for testing the version, when do we change this? Now? I downloaded version 1 so it is available for all platforms.

there's one more file: grph-con.lua ... (the merged file is not relevant as it is for generic but no one uses that one for fonts (like emoji) that use svg and the merged file is generated from other files anyway)

Here I also need to adapt the font-ocl replacement file (font-ocm) which reminds me that i need to add some already long pending code to the luatex binary one of these days.