On 4/30/2020 6:06 PM, mf wrote:
Il 30/04/20 17:21, Hans Hagen ha scritto:
On 4/30/2020 3:15 PM, mf wrote:
Il 30/04/20 14:09, Romain Diss ha scritto:
Hi,

The last release candidat of Inkscape (1.0~rc1-4 on my Debian sid)
doesn't provide the `--export-pdf=` option anymore. So context can not
convert svg files into the corresponding `m_k_i_v_*` pdf.

It seems that the `--export-filename=` option does the job.

Thank in advance.

The command line syntax has changed in version 1. See this:

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/1.0#Command_Line

So it's --export-filename in Inkscape 1.00, and --export-pdf in previous versions.

I tried to specify both options with Inkscape 0.92 hoping the wrong one would be ignored, without success; you get only a warning, not an error, but the conversion fails anyway.

To make ConTeXt work with both versions, it should run "inkscape --version" before doing the actual conversion, to decide the right option.

If the conversion you need is done by

tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/ruby/graphics/inkscape.rb

you should edit that file and replace "--export-pdf" with "--export-filename".

There are two other files where that option is used:

tex/texmf-context/tex/generic/context/luatex/luatex-fonts-merged.lua
tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/font-ocl.lua

it's font-related code; if you need it, do the same replacement of "--export-pdf" in those two files and then remake the format with

context --make

and the export to pdf will work with Inkscape 1.00.
But it won't work with Inkscape 0.92.
As I don't wan to waste code for testing the version, when do we change this? Now? I downloaded version 1 so it is available for all platforms.

1.0 is a release candidate. Romain is using the unstable version of Debian (sid), so he's using Inkscape 1.00rc.

Anyway Inkscape 0.92 will be around for some time, so a better solution would be defaulting to the export option of the current version of Inkscape unless the user sets an environment variable (INKSCAPE_VERSION?).

So a test of an environment variable instead of spawning a process to run "inkscape --version".

hm, we can have for a while

\enabledirectives[graphics.inkscape.oldversion]

and use new as default (and of course you will wikify that, okay?)