On 5/28/2020 8:31 PM, Marco Patzer wrote:
On Thu, 28 May 2020 18:18:51 +0200
Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

     MkIV (everything's predictable and fine):
     10.10.10.tex → 10.10.10.pdf
     10.10.11.tex → 10.10.11.pdf
     11.10.11.tex → 11.10.11.pdf

     LMTX:
     10.10.10.tex → 10.10 (not even a PDF suffix)
     10.10.11.tex → 10.10 (file 10.10 is over-written)
     11.10.11.tex → 11.10 (no suffix)

MkIV is way more predictable and consistent in that regard.
I'll look at it but not today ... first I need to play with some
other (neat) stuff and run tests.

OK, thanks. No hurry. The production projects run on some oldish
2019 MkIVs anyway. I'm trying to get my feet wet with lmtx and run
it on some projects to check how usable and compatible it is.
It should be compatible, although at some point there will be functionality that is only in lmtx. Okay, metapost is an exception, because there is a lot in lmtx that is not in mkiv, but that's a separate subsystem anyway.