Hi,

I uploaded a new version of lmtx.

(1) The only additions are in the language arena (discussed here before). For those working on that, the trackers

  hyphenation.applied
  hyphenation.applied.console
  hyphenation.applied.visualize[=ligatures]
  languages.patterns
  languages.goodies
  languages.applied

have been updated. Also, exceptions can be stored in the goodies files (and then follow a slightly different route). There's also (at the engine level):

  \tracinghyphenation

which is 1 by default (report bad patterns, as before); a value of 2 reports hyphenation and exceptions states, while 3 also adds detail if it has been applied.

(2) A second aspect of the upload concerns windows. Till now we use binaries that are crosscompiled on linux. These perform somewhat better than native msvc compiled binaries ... until last week. The native windows binaries now are some 5+ % faster than the cross compiled ones. However, because it is still somewhat experimental, the installation uses the ming ones. (Running the test suite went down from 1350 sec cross compiled to 1200 seconds native.)

If you want to check this out, fetch the binaries from the build server:

  https://dl.contextgarden.net/build/luametatex/win64/

make sure you replace/link luametatex.exe, mtxrun.exe and context.exe so that all then use the replacement. Mojca also configured the setup for native 32 bit binaries in case you need those. (The clang variants are compiled because want to keep an eye on that but they are definitely slower.)

If this experiment works out ok I might also investigate it for other platforms. The gain is mostly in the lua department, less in metapost and tex but still a valid reason to use my laptop for another few years. (It is anyway cheaper and more environment friendly to make luametatex faster than to buy a new machine.)