On 5/31/2021 6:50 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Mon, 31 May 2021, Hans Hagen wrote:

Hi,

I uploaded a new lmtx version. This time a new mechanism.

This is very interesting...I haven't played around with it, but is it the case
that \markanchor does not do alignment and so can completely replace the old
\hpos{...} class of macros?

as long as you work within a predictable namespace and box/unbox situation

This also gives many interesting possibilities for math .... drawing "boxes" in
matrices (e.g.,
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/333011/draw-a-box-around-matrix-elements) or even
the nath style `\wall` macro (see pg 11 of https://texdoc.org/serve/nathguide.pdf/0) ...
Of course, I mean this in terms of the visual effect and not the interface.
ah ... http://www.tug.org/tug2003/preprints/Bilotta/bilotta2.pdf