Hello Jairo and Everybody.

> It seems \startstarticMPfigure ... \stopstaticMPfigure is now a wrapper for
> reusable MP graphics, so auxiliary files are no longer generated.

Are reusable MP graphics compiled only once per run, or only when the code is
changed – which might not happen for many runs?

For the wiki: Are static MP figure commands deprecated, synonyms for reusable
MP graphics commands, or wrappers that provide some additional functionality?
(Based on the source, it looks like static MP figures might add a scaling
option, but I can’t really read the source.)

> ...you could use \typesetbuffer and \startMPpage ... \stopMPpage instead. Two
> auxiliary PDF files with funny names are generated.

This indeed works as advertised. I will play with it.

Thanks!
Gavin