Thankfully, it looks like this was just a problem with my implementation of
the OpenType feature and not with ConTeXt's handling of it! (I worried that
it might be ConTeXt when I saw that XeLaTeX was handing the feature
correctly.) Hans graciously helped me identify the problem, and everything
looks good now!

Joey