Hello list mavens,

What are the circumstances under which style=italicface should be used instead of style=italic. I note a difference when I define highlighting. I expected to see no difference in the line before and line after the hairline the example below, but see that italicface adapts to nesting, while italic does not:

Are there other places where this makes a difference?

   \setupbodyfontenvironment
            [default]
            [em=italicface] %same with italic for this example
   \definehighlight
            [emIt]
            [style=italic]
   \definehighlight
            [emIf]
            [style=italicface]
   \definehighlight
            [emEm]
            [style=\em]

   \starttext

   {\em abc {\em def} ghi}: \type{\em}

   \emph{abc {\emph def} ghi}: \type{\emph}

   \emEm{abc {\emEm def} ghi}: \type{\emEm \definehighlight[style=\em]}

   \emIf{abc {\emIf def} ghi}: \type{\emIf
   \definehighlight[style=italicface]}

   \hairline

   \emIt{abc {\emIt def} ghi}: \type{\emIt \definehighlight[style=italic]}

Rik