No .tuo file is produced -- should it (always) be? At processing, the following information is displayed:

systems        : begin file pres at line 17
title          : - The title
subject        : - A subject
references     : unknown reference [][pointer1]
references     : unknown reference [][pointer2]
[1.1{/usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map}]

Regards

/Stefan

Guy Worthington wrote:

Stefan Karlsson wrote:

I can't get references to work

[test file snipped]

I ran your file -- it outputs the correct page number on my system. I
should however point out that I run a completely insecure system, with
ConTeXt and its tools able to perform shell commands, write and delete
files, and import scripts at will.

It might be worthwhile checking the directory which contains your .tex
source file to see whether, ConTeXt has created the auxilliary files
(files with extensions .tuo and .tui).