Monday, March 24, 2003 Johannes Hüsing wrote:
>> I'm trying to use some MetaPost-generated graphics with ConTeXt,
>> but I seem to be unable to do so. I have a file test.1 in the same
>> directory as the ConTeXt source, which is as minimal as:
>>
>> \starttext
>> \input tufte
>> \placefigure[left]
>> {Esempio di settore circolare}
>> {\externalfigure[test.1]}

JH> \useexternalfigure[prova][test.1][width=450pt] % the last one is optional
JH> \externalfigure[prova]

Doesn't work either. Fails with the same errors. Again, it works
correctly by changing the extension.

A possible reason for the error is that the name of the tex file
is the same as the name of the figure file (test), because ConTeXt
*does* check for this, and this is where it chooses not to handle
the picture. Given that the same file works if the extension is
mps, I can't understand why it refuses to do the job when the
extension is different, and still different from .tex and .pdf
(and therefore there is no chance of contrast).

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta