On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 10:38:37PM +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use some MetaPost-generated graphics with ConTeXt,
> but I seem to be unable to do so. I have a file test.1 in the same
> directory as the ConTeXt source, which is as minimal as:
>
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \placefigure[left]
> {Esempio di settore circolare}
> {\externalfigure[test.1]}
> \input knuth
> \stoptext
>
> but it seems like it can't find the file test (no extension); I
> tried adding options [type=mps] or [method=mps] or both, but each
> fails with a different error: either it looks for test.mps or it
> looks for test.unknown ...

The macro \calculateexternalfigure seems to set the extension to empty
if the figure file name is the same as the jobname:

   % redo message, only filename
   \doifparentfileelse\@@effilename
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]@EA{\jobsuffix}\figuretypes
      \let\@@efextension\empty
      \showmessage\m!figures9\@@effilename
      \donefalse}
     \donothing

(core-fig.tex)

Therefore it does not search for your nonstandard extension.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]