> Why some open-source project enjoy so much more corporate support than others
> --
> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/virtual-cio/linux-vs-openssl-support-a-matter-of-revenue-potential-60915
>
> Please take a look at this article and let me know what you think...

So, if we're gonna compare "Linux" to "OpenSSL" then gets a few things straight:

Linux is an operating system which is nothing without the collection of projects
that provide it any use. OpenSSL is one such project, but we could have used
Polar
for example...

If you think that is not relevant and you want to simply be pedantic, boot your
kernel
without *any* packages or userland, configure your network and mua, and reply
to me...

Anyways, since we compared an "Operating System" or more realistically a
"collection"
against a single item, this debate raises an exception:)