Title: Rhythms

I have several remote users on DSL, most of which affected by the Rhythms shut down. On Friday, two users in two different offices both lost their connection. The two users are served by the same LEC and depend from the same CO. A third user also on the same CO but on a different circuit is still up (crossing everything I can cross).

The ISP (UUnet) blamed it on a line issue and said they couldn't get Rhythms tech support to look into it since most of the staff was already let go due to the bankruptcy filing.

What I would like to know is whether this is really a technical issue or has Rhythms already started to disconnect some of its subscribers at random, and whether the Rhythms tech support staff has indeed already been fired. Does anyone have a similar experience ?

Eric Peeters
Network Administrator
TexLoc Ltd