Make a ghost image of the system drive and burn it to cd for disaster
recovery.   Make a new image whenever you install something on the server,
or a couple of times a year minimum.   Get your boot floppies configured
and tested.   Check out www.bootdisk.com for boot floppies.    Make a
'gold' image of your server install(s) and use it to clone servers.

                    Benjamin Winzenz

                    <ben.winzenz@pere        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                    grine.com>               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                             cc:

                    08/23/2001 02:36         Subject:     RE: Backup PDC

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    "NT System Admin

                    Issues"

Why do you want to worry about backing up a PDC?  If it dies, you promote a
BDC to PDC and you are done in 5 minutes.  You do have BDC's in place,
right?  As long as you do, and you don't have other apps running on your
PDC, you don't need to worry about it.

Ben Winzenz, MCSE
Network/Systems Administrator
Peregrine Systems, Inc.