Title: Message
Hi

We have an NT4 Domain, with one Exchange 5.5 server on the PDC.

I have attempted to install another Exchange server into the site, but the installation
fails at the end, with an error asking me to check if the directory service is started.

The service is started, so upon investigation of technet, it mentions name resolution
on the two servers.

I have checked, and when I ping the server name of the server I'm trying to install,
it resolves it to a domain name. e.g.;

ping NEWEXCHSERVER

pinging NEWEXCHSERVER.CO.UK [201.167.xxx.xxx]

etc etc

Whereas, if I ping the other way, it works okay. e.g.

ping EXISTINGEXCSERVER

pinging EXISTINGEXCSERVER [192.168.2.25]

etc

I have entered the new server into the lmhosts file of the exchange server and
rebooted, but no difference.

could this be the problem? if so, any ideas on a resolution

Nik