Yes, get a real RAID controller and setup a hardware mirror vs. a
software mirror which is virtually worthless so why waste the disk.

-----Original Message-----
From: RE Young [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 10:53 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: drive mirror configuration with W2k

Anyone have experience (and are willing to share it) with setting up a
drive mirror with W2k, it is quite different than NT. Environment is :

1.2 GHz W2K Srv PDC, (2) WD 40GB drives, ATA-100 support is built into
the MB(Soyo).

White papers, How-tos are what I am looking for, what I have found so
fare has not been especially helpful.

The problem I am having is trying to get the second drive to "mirror"
the first drive, the OS is installed on Disk One as "basic" (it fails to
boot if I do a configuration "upgrade" of it). Disk two wants to setup
"Volumes", Disk one wants to set up partitions.

RE Young MCSE
Dallas, TX