Sure sounds like a profile is being applied to your domain user account....

                    "Alston, Steve"

                    <SAlston@thewoolf        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                    group.com>               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                             cc:

                    08/24/2001 11:08         Subject:     Changing Display Properties
in W2K
                    AM                       Prof

                    Please respond to

                    "NT System Admin

                    Issues"

I just upgraded a W98 laptop to W2K professional and am unable to change
the
display settings or for that matter gain access to the Control Panel.  I
get
an error message saying "Your System Administrator disabled the Display
Control Panel."  I have access when I log in using the my local account,
the
local admin account and even the domain admin account.  However, it doesn't
like me changing things using my domain user account.  I even added my
domain users account to the local administrator's group, but that didn't
help.

Current environment is NT4 domain with 1 W2K server.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Steve