Kent,

I appreciate your help. I believe, however, that I may have mis-stated
the situation. Let's see if I can attempt this again.

1. I know I can use the "Make Available Offline" function in the
properties of the NT4 SHARE on a WIN2000 CLIENT.
2. I know there is no "cache" option on the network share residing on an
NT4 Server.

You said, "You can only make NT 4.0 folder available offline from the
Windows 2000 client." My question is not whether I can use the "make
available offline" feature on the share. You and I agree you can do
that. This is only one half of the equation however. The other half is
to configure the "caching" function on the NETWORK SHARE in question.
The fact that it physically resides on an NT4 Server means you can't do
it, period.

I was simply asking if there is a workaround or whether I was missing
something. In summary - W2K server share and W2K client, you can do
offline files/folders. With NT4 Server share and W2K client - so far I
have to suemise that it's not possible.

Mohamed