Shut off IIS so you dont get Code Red.    Go to Windows update and apply
all the updates.   Run HFNetchk to see what else you need to patch.
Eventually get a network share set up so that you can do all of this
automatically when you build a new machine.     You cant just do a default
install and plug in a network - if you do that you should expect some
consequences.

                    "Erik Brown"

                    <erikb@firstc        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                    ash.com>             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                         cc:

                    08/27/2001           Subject:     New W2K Server

                    08:22 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "NT System

                    Admin Issues"

I have finally build my first W2k Server. I have set up a totally new
domain
to correct the mistakes in our current one. I have run DCPromo installed
AD,
set up the DNS, set the Security Policies and so on. My question is if I go
ahead and put this on my network, it shouldn't cause any conflicts with my
existing NT boxes should it since it is a totally new domain?

Erik