All,

Machine is Windows 2000 pro. Does anyone know a way to prevent Outlook
Express from automatically creating those silly icons on the start menu and
quick launch bar every time a new profile is created? I tried uninstalling
oe manually, but it turns out that some of its components are needed for
proper operation of Outlook 2000, which I need to function. I have also
tried copying a profile without the icons to the default user profile, but
the icons still appear when a new profile is created. Any known ways to stop
this?

small rant on

Why in heavens name has Microsoft installed so many useless programs by
default? Outlook Express is a good example. I ran into this while installing
Professional, and figured that it may have some marginal value there. But OE
also installs itself in 2000 Server! I really cant imagine any use for the
OE client on a machine used as a server. Microsoft's flagship network server
product should come with everything except truly essential operating system
functions disabled by default-and then the user of the system could turn on
features as desired.

rant off

Thanks in advance,
Sled