From: Jolley Lee @Consult [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, 10 September 2001 10:29
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: unattended install speed

I haven't looked into this in detail. But I have used 'sysprep' to roll out
a small number of machines. You can get sysprep from the W2K CD. I think
it's on the W2K server CD (it's been a while since I grabbed the files). It
strips the machine of it's SID and removes all networking properties
including machine name and domain information. Once you have used sysprep on
the machine you can clone it using your imaging software and there is no
need to change the SID afterwards. Windows will automatically do that for
you. You then have to put all of your network and machine details in again
and join the domain...but...this is the bit I haven't looked into. You can
use unattended install type scripts to do all of this for you. I'm afraid I
can't give you much more information than this. I'm sure somebody out there
can though...

Lee Jolley