From: C.E. GENE CONNOR [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 10:07 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: e-mail privacy - where do we stand

here are the answers to some of your questions ect.!!!!

http://lawcrawler.findlaw.com/scripts/lc.pl?entry=+e-mail+privacy+&sites=all
But with respect to an employer’s privately-owned internal e-mail system,
the prevalent view among lawyers is that employees do not have rights of
privacy in e-mail communications they send and receive on their employer’s
system unless the employer acts in a manner giving rise to a reasonable
expectation of privacy.

there have been case's that have went to court in Jacksonville, fl. where a
long time "over 12 yrs"well known city employee was fired!! for having
certain things in her mail folder on a city system!!

Gene C. aka C.E. Gene Connor
Gene's Custom PC Service since 1989
Serving the U.S., Canada & London,England