You get a lot more network throughput with switches because there wont be
any collisions with a switch.   We use Cisco 2948 switches but we have a
fiber backbone switched through a Cisco 4000 fiber switch.    If you dont
have any fiber then you can get all 10/100 a lot cheaper.

                    Roger Wright

                    <RWright@sc-b        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                    ank.com>             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                         cc:

                    09/10/2001           Subject:     Hub Recommendations

                    12:08 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "NT System

                    Admin Issues"

I need to replace one of my hubs (the smoke leaked out of the box) and
would appreciate some recommendations.  I'd like to get three 24 port
auto-sensing 10/100 units.  This will give me 8-10 spare ports for
expansion in our 65-node network.

What is the difference between a hub and a managed hub?  Should I consider
installing switches rather than plain hubs?

Brand recommendations?  We've been using Intel units but I have no loyalty
to any particular product line at this time.

Roger Wright
Southern Commerce Bank
___

Among economists, the real world is often a special case. --Horngren

_______

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic message is considered
privileged and confidential under Florida Statutes 455.251 and 3905.017. It
is intended solely for the use of the recipient named above. If the reader
is not the recipient named above, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or disclosure of the contents of this
message is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.