I'd like to know if you've ever had to failover to the other server and
how quickly and smoothly, if at all that went?

Also, did you look at any other products or solutions before deciding on
Double Take and, if so, why did you decide on Double Take?

I understand that my situation may differ but I'm looking at using a web
server (IIS) and SQL 7.0 on NT or 2000 as the operating system (depends
on when the decisions are made) and data will need to be replicated and
if the primary server goes down there should be as quick and smooth as
possible a transition to the "backup" machine.  I've had personal
experience with NT Cluster server and, for this application, the
failover takes too long.  We are hoping to minimize transaction loss as
much as possible.

Thanks,
Heidi Pilewski
Windows System Administrator