Does anyone have any experiences they could share about building USB devices
into RIS/Sysprep images?  I would even care to hear what Ghost does as it
may be similar.  Also, does anyone know if you can restrict via GPO the time
when .msi packages are delivered to pcs in a particular OU?  For example, I
want to assign a setup.msi file for a particular OU, but I want to make sure
it doesn't install between 7:00am and 1:00pm.

Here's our situation:
We are working on getting a few computers for each of our schools set up
which will be used as "POS" terminals (using our existing student system) in
the cafeterias at lunchtime, and then they will be rolled into an office for
desk work later in the day.  We are testing with Win2k Pro (these are Dell
Optiplexes) using SMC USB wireless adapters (this has already been decided
and tested and will work for our situation, locked by mac, etc, to the WAP)
for while they are in the cafeteria area, and then wired to the network
while in the office.  I've set up two hardware profiles-one for Wired and
one for Wireless, and this all works beautifully.  I know that if you move
the USB device to the other USB port on the pc that it will try to redetect,
but I've found that "user" level access on Win2k (what our staff have) won't
allow them to do anything with it.  We might even just cover up the other
port for these machines to minimize problems.

Now, I've found that I can make a RIS image on one machine and it will
include the hardware profile information and installs correctly when RIS-ing
back to the same pc.  But, I'm concerned about when I image another machine,
whether it will redetect the USB device, and if so, does it correctly
re-assign it in the existing HW profile or does it treat it like a new
device as if I'd plugged it into a new USB port?  I know that RIS will try
and redetect PNP hardware.  I don't have a second USB Wireless device to
play with yet or I would just try it out.

Then, once these machines are up and running in AD, I'm concerned about
software installing slowly over the wireless connection (at a very poor time
too), but would like it to install over the wired connection.  (I realize we
could publish software-this may be the alternative for this group).

Thanks for any thoughts on this,
Bonnie M.